Andhra Chicken CurryBookmark this
chicken 1 LB
onions chopped 2 mediumsized
green chillies chopped 4
coconut chopped ⅛ cup/coconut milk ¼ cup
ginger 2 inch piece
garlic cloves 8
poppy seeds 3 teaspoons
cinnamon sticks 1 inch (2 pieces)
cumin seeds ¼ teaspoon
coriander seeds 4 tbsp
red chilli powder 3 teaspoons
salt as required
turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
coriander leaves ¼ cup
1. rinse chicken thoroughly.
2. add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon of salt ,red chilli powder(1 teaspoon).
3. mix well and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
1. heat up the pan,add coriander seeds,cloves,cinnamon sticks,cumin seeds and sauté until you feel the nice
flavor of the spices.
2. let them cool down and put them in a mixer jar.
3. make into fine powder.
4. next in the same pan add poppy seeds and sauté till they start spluttering.
5. put poppy seeds and coconut in the mixer,add little water and make them into a fine paste(add little water).
6. next put ginger,garlic and green chillies in the mixer and make them into a paste.
1. heat oil in a pan
2. when the oil is hot add chopped onions,green chillies and sauté until they become transparent.
3. add turmeric powder,red chilli powder(2 teaspoons) and mix it.
4. add the chicken marinade and mix well.cover it and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
5. open the lid,mix it for once ,add 2 cups of water.
6. cover it again and cook for 1520 minutes on medium flame.
7. after 15 minutes,run spoon or knife through a chicken piece and check whether chicken is cooked or not.
8. if the knife slides easily then chicken is cooked perfectly.
9. add ginger garlic paste,masala powder and coconut paste. you can add little water if the gravy becomes thick
after adding all the masalas.
10. cook it on a low flame until oil separates from the gravy.
11. garnish with coriander leaves and turn off the heat.