Desi City Guide for ClevelandBookmark this
Desi City Guide for Cleveland
The 1990 census report states of having more than 5,000 south Asians in Cleveland and Cuyahoga County. The South Asian population is concentrated around Cuyahoga County in every suburb, with larger concentrations in Cleveland, Parma, Strongsville and Westlake.
Cleveland’s tourist industry has developed tremendously in recent years and Cleveland is now a major tourist attraction. Cleveland known for its museums, shopping malls and amazing sports stadium is competing with other countries.
The Ohio canal stands out as the most important monument in Cleveland increasing wealth and prosperity for the country. This canal did well for the country making farm life easier, developing residential districts thereby leading to further growth in the business and commerce section of the country.
Desi Attractions in Cleveland
South Asian food, Spices, Clothes, Sweets, etc could be found at Ohio- Warrensville Centre Road, pearl road, south gate park blvd.They are well known and considered the best, specially the south Asian spices which are not easily available in Cleveland.
In Cleveland, you must visit the places listed below
- Cleveland’s historic west side market-It is now home to a lot of vendors that sell fish, dairy and cheese, bakery , meat, fish, readymade food. This market is located at the Ohio city west of Cuyahoga River near Loraine Bridge.
- Tower City Centre- Located at Public Square in downtown Cleveland. It consists of attached office buildings including the Terminal tower, a shopping mall, and two hotels.
- Cleveland Orchestra- Its part of the five American orchestras known as the ‘Big Five’. The orchestra plays normally at the Severance Hall.
- Cleveland metro parks Zoo-It is the seventh oldest zoo in the United States. This zoo has the largest collection of mammals in North America. The Cleveland zoo is separated into several areas depending on the animal and its known region. The two main modes of transportation being ‘Zoo Tram’ lines which goes around places at the zoo and Northern Trek leading to the food court.
- Cedar Park- It is the third oldest amusement park in Cleveland. It has 68 rides and 16 roller coasters. Cedar Park also includes castaway bay resort, a tropical water park and spa.
- The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum- Is it the city’s most attracted tourist spot. It’s an exceptional experience and a pleasure to all visitors. Music being the main principal at the museum, headphones are scattered throughout the place for all visitors so as to listen to their favourites or even explore other talented artists.
- Cleveland Museum of Art- Presents important temporary exhibitions. Recent appearances include ‘Barcelona and Modernity’, works from the Corcoran museum, also including Pablo Picasso’s work.
- Pro football hall of fame- It is located at canton, Ohio, an hour’s drive south of Cleveland. The exhibits show you 100 years of the football history.
- Great lake Science Centre- Exhibits topics like science and Space, Technology and the environment. It constitutes over 165,000 square feet of exhibit space.
Transportation modes in Cleveland
One could try the greater Cleveland regional transit authority (RTA) which is the major transportation service in the Cleveland area having more than 100 bus routes and 4 transit rail routes, and all at reasonable rates. Services are also available for progressive field and brown game days.
Some More Links: