Desi City Guide for Fort WorthBookmark this
Desi guide to Fort Worth
Fort Worth is the sixth largest city in the United States with a population of 741,206. The South Asian population in the city is approximately 0.9% of the total population.
The city is known for its traditional American architectural buildings and culture. It is many a times referred to as the gateway to the American West. Fort Worth is the fifth largest city in Texas it still embraces its western traditions and is even evident in in the city’s recent architecture.
The climate in Fort Worth swings from continental to subtropical humid. The city enjoys hot long summers and mild short winters making it a perfect summer spot.
Desi attraction in Fort Worth
Owing to its substantial number of south Asian inhabitants, Fort Worth has a good selection of Desi restaurants and eateries. Apart from that one can also try the different varieties of food styles in the city along with the traditional American cuisine.
- Fort Worth is filled with activities ranging from touring museums and historical building to shopping and a vibrant nightlife. One of the many desi attractions in the city is the Botanical gardens and the Fort Worth Zoo.
- The botanical gardens of the city have a wide collection of exotic plants and on a nice day a few exotic birds. Stretched over 109 acres of land the garden showcases about 2,500 different types of plant species both exotic and local. Opened in 1934 the botanical gardens offer its visitor peace and quiet time with nature that can enjoy with entire family.
- The Fort Worth Zoo is another place you must visit when you come to the city. Started in 1909 the zoo has earned its reputation of being one of the top 10 zoos in the country. It exhibits more than 5000 different types of animals both native and exotic. With so many animals at one zoo the Fort Worth zoo is definitely worth visiting.
- The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth is another famous destination in the city. Started in 1892 the museum has since been the foremost collector and displayer of post-World War Art in the country. With a large area of 53000 sq.ft., the museum houses more than 2500 works of art which is a very wide collection. It has within its collection works of some of the famous painters like Pablo Picasso, Jackson Pollock, Andy Warhol etc.
- Kimbell Art Museum is another wonderful museum added to the list of Fort Worth’s treasures and a must in your list of laces to visit. Although small this museum has earned its reputation for being high in quality displaying master pieces from all over the world. Along with displaying an excellent collection of art The Kimbell Art Museum also has an extensive research library, hold educational programs and travel art exhibitions.
- Along with the museums and gardens Fort Worth is a fun place to shop and dine and experience the traditional cow boy heritage of America. One must make it a point to Experience and enjoy the Fort Worth Stockyards’ district and spend time experiencing the traditional western shops and rodeos.
Transportation modes in Fort Worth
The city boasts a wide network of public transportation that connects every remote corner of the city. Take advantage of their bus, rail and trolleys to tour the city, along with being safe and quick it also is very economical.