Easy Mixed Vegetable BiryaniBookmark this
1-1/2 Cup Basmati Rice
1/2 Cup Onions diced
1/4 Cup Red & / Yellow Capsicum
1/4 Cup Beans
1/4 cup Carrot
1/4 Cup Potatoes Cubed
1/2 Cup Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Coriander leaves Few Mint Leaves
6 Curry Leaves
1 Heaped Tablespoon Garam Masala Pwdr
1 whole Lime Juiced
3 Tbspns Cashews Salt to taste
2 Full Tablespoons GG Paste
1/2 Tspn Ghee
3 Tbspn's oil
1. Take Basmati Rice in Bowl, do not wash. To this add 1/2 tspn ghee & mix until the rice is coated. Keep aside. 2. In Pressure Cooker put oil, add diced onions, Chilies, Potatoes, C.leaves all together at once & fry 3-4 min
3. To this add Capsicum, Carrot, Beans & fry 2 min. Add tomatoes & fry 3 min more.
4. Add the Cashews & the rice mixed with ghee now & fry on sim for 2-3 min.
5. Next add GG Paste, mix. Add mint & coriander leaves & fry 3 min more.
6. Add water 3 Cups to 1.5 Cups of rice & cover with lid.
7. When boiling add G. Masala, Salt & lemon juice , mix & pressure cook 2 whistles.
8. Remove after steam has gone in a bowl & garnish with more Coriander & Mint if desired.
1. Follow the recipe as is for the first time & then make any variations if needed.
2. Since the recipe is so easy I even make this on week days for Lunch to take it to work & also as lunch for kids.
3. Buy Thermos Food Jar from Target & pack lunch for kids to school for a hot lunch.