Indian CakeBookmark this
3 cups All-purpose Flour
2 cups White Sugar
1 tspn Salt
1 tspn Baking Powder
1/2 tspn Baking Soda
1 cup Buttermilk
1 cup Butter
2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and Flour a 9 x13 Cake Pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix all the above ingredients with a spoon or fork and beat for 3 minutes at medium speed with hand mixer.
3. Pour into cake pan. Bake for 60 min. Cool in pan for 5-10 min and turn it on a wire rack to cool.
1. Can substitute Egg whites for whole Eggs to reduce excess fat & cholesterol. Replace 1 whole Egg with 2 Egg Whites.
2. For a more fancy presentation for potlucks or parties bake in a 12 cup Bundt Pan.