Spicy Chicken FryBookmark this
1 Whole Chicken Cut into pieces
3 Tablespoons Red Chili Powder divided
1 Tablespoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Turmeric
1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
1-1/4 Tablespoon Garam Masala Powder ( Recipe Below )
4 Teaspoons Daniya / Corriander Powder
1 Whole Lime Juice
1/4 Cup oil for frying
1. Take the cut chicken pieces in a bowl. To this add Salt, Turmeric,
2 Tablespoons Red Chili Powder and lemon juice. Mix and marinate 2 hrs to overnight. 2. Put this marinated Chicken pieces in a pressure cooker add little water and pressure cook one whistle.
3. When the pressure is gone, open and drain the liquid into a bowl, do not discard.
4. In wok add oil, once heated add 6 Cloves, 2 inch cinnamon cut into pieces and Chicken.
5. Immediately add Black Pepper powder & mix for 2 minutes on high heat. Then add 1/4 Tablespoon of Garam Masala Powder, 1 Teaspoon of Daniya Powder & fry for 1 minute more.
6. Now add back the Chicken Broth kept aside and cook till almost near on medium flame.
7. Check Salt and spice level. Add the remaining Chili powder , Daniya Powder and Garam Masala and fry for 2 more minutes. Remove and serve with Chapati / Roti or Rice.
Garam Masala Powder for this Recipe :
5 Tablespoons whole Daniya 4 Cinammon sticks 1 inch long 20 Cloves 3 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds Fry all the above in a pan lightly and powder.